weddings at Old North, service ringing on the 28th, no service ringing on the 5th

There are weddings at Old North coming up soon. Next Sunday, the 28th at 6 PM we have some ringers but more would be nice. Saturday October 11th (also 6 PM) might be awkward because it's Columbus Day weekend, but a few people have signed up and I'm hoping for more. Payment is available, or you can donate your time to the guild. We actually have more people available for next Sunday's wedding than for service ringing. Please turn up if you can. On October 5th, there's a quarter peal attempt at service ringing time. I went to the parish picnic for a while, and several people were enthusiastic about the bells (although it was mostly about hearing them from outside, so I don't think any of them would like to learn to ring). Laura Dickerson