July 4th ringing at Trinity Wall Street

From: Tim Barnes <tjbarnes optonline net>
Date: June 1, 2008 9:54:54 PM EDT
Subject: [nag-talk] July 4th ringing at Trinity Wall Street

Dear All,

We will be holding open ringing at Trinity Wall Street across the July 4th
long weekend.
While we recognize that many towers have their own July 4th ringing
traditions,
any ringers who are interested in spending July 4th in NYC are very warmly
invited to join us.

The tentative schedule is as below. The Rev. Canon Anne Mallonee and Tony
Furnivall have kindly
invited us to the Trinity Vicarage on the evening of July 4th. This is
located on the 41st floor
of an apartment building that overlooks the Hudson River, from where we'll
be able to watch the
fireworks from NJ. A buffet dinner will be provided. Non-ringing family
members and children are
very welcome to attend.

Friday July 4th

General ringing: 4:00 - 7:00pm
Buffet dinner and viewing of fireworks: 7:30 - 10:00pm
($15 per head for food and non-alcoholic drinks; discount for children;
add $7 for wine / beer)

Saturday July 5th

One or more quarter peal attempts if sufficient interest: 10:30am - 2:30pm
General ringing: 4:00 - 7:00pm
Drinks / informal dinner at a local restaurant: 7:30 - 10:00pm
(Est. $20 per head plus drinks, tax & tip)

Sunday July 6th

Holy Eucharist: 9:00 - 10:00am
General ringing: 10:00 - 11:15am
Holy Eucharist: 11:15am - 12:30pm
Handbell ringing (74 Trinity Place Library): 11:15am - 12:30pm
General ringing: 12:30 - 3:30pm

All levels of ringing experience and ability will be fully catered for. Some
general
information for visiting ringers, including details of some local hotels, is
available here <http://www.trinityringers.org/Visitors.aspx> .

If you plan to attend, please let us know via an e-mail to
bells@trinitywallstreet.org ,
indicating whether you will be attending the dinners on the Friday and
Saturday evenings,
and how many there will be in your party. If you would be interested in
ringing any quarter peals
on the Saturday, please indicate that, and provide any method preferences.
It would be very helpful if we could receive your e-mail by Sunday June
15th.

We look forward to seeing some of you on July 4th!

The Trinity Wall Street Ringers