Russian Style

Many of you may have seen the beautiful photos and good article in the Globe on Saturday about the ringers of the bells at Lowell House having traveled to Moscow for an eleven-day course in the Russian style of tower bell ringing.  I have invited them to cross the river to see more of the English change-ringing style, which not all of them have experienced.

We, in return, have been invited by the Masters of Lowell House to attend their Bell Festival and Symposium scheduled for June 1 & 2, with details to follow.  Mark your calendars if really big (17 bells weighing 25 tons in the aggregate) bells appeal to you!  In the meantime, you can try your hand at ringing the Danilovsky bells electronically at http://lowell.harvard.edu/Bells/Bells.php.

Dianne S.P. Cermak

781-455-6334

Public Relations Officer

North American Guild of Change Ringers