From: Matt Bogen < mbogen gmail com>
Date: Jan 16, 2008 1:07 PM
Subject: [nagcr] Melrose Anniversary Weekend: Feb 1-3, 2008
To: mbogen gmail com

(Apologies to those receiving this twice...)

This month is the 34th anniversary of the Melrose Tower, and we're in the mood to give our new ropes (installed just a month ago!) a good, long workout. Would you care to join us for our festivities? We always have a wonderful time. Bring the kids, too; our junior band would love the extra playmates!

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

The featured method of the weekend will be Double Norwich Court Bob Major. (See link at bottom for the blue line.) Several of us would like some practice with the method, and we'll interject tries at it throughout the weekend. If you feel up to ringing it, please take a moment to brush up or learn it!

Friday, February 1st
6:00pm --- Fondue supper at Melrose
7:00pm - 8:30pm -- Melrose (ringing on simulator)
8:30pm --- dessert!

Saturday, February 2nd
10:00am - 12:30pm --- Melrose, general ringing
12:30pm - 2:30pm --- possible QP attempt at Melrose; lunch and travel to Kent for others
2:30pm - 4:30pm --- Kent, general ringing
5:30pm --- appetizers at Melrose
6:00pm --- dinner at Melrose

Sunday, February 3rd
10:00am - 1:30pm --- Trinity, service ringing
3:00pm - 5:00pm --- Melrose, general ringing or QP attempts (depending on attendance)
5:15pm - 9:15pm --- Super Bowl XLII, Phoenix AZ (not a ringing event, but someone's bell will undoubtedly be rung)

FOOD
Cathy Russell is organizing a fondue dinner before Friday night's practice. This was such a hit last year that we wanted to do it again! Please let her know if you'll be bringing something for fondueing. (Is that even a verb? I doubt it.)

Lunch on Saturday afternoon is informal; if enough people express interest, we'll have sandwich makings, and perhaps a few pizzas, to share. Otherwise, folks can make their own lunch plans on their way to the afternoon ringing at Kent.

As in the past, we are hosting dinner on Saturday evening. There will be a charge of $15 per adult and $5 per child to cover food costs. Cathy has volunteered to lead dinner preparations; please let her know (at cathyjump aol com) by Tuesday, Jan 29th if you will join us for dinner, or let Matt know when you let him know of your interest in attending.

HOUSING
If you plan to come for the weekend and require help finding housing, please let Matt know when you let him know of your attendance. There are several options available.

If you can join us, please let me know ( mbogen gmail com or 845-225-0658). We look forward to seeing you!

- Matt Bogen
  Tower Captain, Melrose Tower, Brewster, NY

Double Norwich can be referenced at http://www.boojum.org.uk/cgi-bin/line.pl?bells=8&pn=%26-14-36-58-18%2C18&title=Double%20Norwich%20Court%20Bob%20Major&action.x=1