Fwd: [nag-talk] Saturday, December 8th: Mid-Atlantic Area Meeting in Washington, D.C.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Haley Barnett <haley_barnett alum emory edu>
Date: Nov 19, 2007 4:21 PM
Subject: [nag-talk] Saturday, December 8th: Mid-Atlantic Area Meeting in Washington, D.C.
To: nag-talk yahoogroups com, nagcr yahoogroups com
Cc: "Mary Clark (home)" <josephwc aol com>

Dear Fellow Ringers,

The holidays are upon us (!), and with December comes a wonderful
opportunity for some 10-bell ringing in the two towers in our Nation's
Capital. The date is Saturday, December 8. There will be ringing at
Washington Cathedral from 10 AM to 12 Noon. Lunch can be at one of
the three great restaurants in the cathedral neighborhood, or in one
of several within walking distance of the Old Post Office, where we
will meet to ring from 2 PM to 4 PM.

We in Washington have been concentrating recently on good striking on
10 bells -- a feat that is not easy to accomplish. We are eager to
share our bells with all of you, and hope that you will think about
perhaps giving Grandsire and Erin Caters, and Little Bob Royal a try.
Of course, we will also have some round, call changes, and ringing on
8 and 6 bells (albeit with multiple covers, so we can keep all 10
bells ringing) -- something we hope can accommodate everyone who
attends. We look forward to having you join us, and challenge you to
come with a request to ring something that stretches you a bit. In
all that we ring, we will put emphasis on listening to one's bell as
it fits into the changes -- improving one's striking.

We hope that our plans for the day are an incentive for you to join us.

We will meet at the Cathedral's West End elevators at 10 am. The
bishop's wife will be having a reception in the Pilgrim Observation
Gallery (West End) beginning at 1 PM, so we must be out of the tower
shortly after 12 Noon. We will meet at the glass elevator in the Old
Post Office at 2 pm.

Please contact me <josephwc aol com> for additional information about
directions, parking, etc.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope to see you on December 8!

Mary Clark
Area Representative
Washington Ringing Society
Washington, DC

p.s. Please forward this message to your tower's email list if someone
else hasn't already done so.

__._,_.___
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Polls | Members | Calendar
Yahoo! Groups
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! 360°

Start Sharing

Your place online

Blog & photos

Moderator Central

Get answers to

your questions about

running Y! Groups.

Endurance Zone

on Yahoo! Groups

Communities about

higher endurance.

.

--
Don Morrison <dfm ringing org>, <dfm2 cmu edu>
"The purpose of having a purpose is so we can have a fulfilling