4th of July picnic

   As is traditional, there will be a potluck picnic at the Advent on
the evening of July 4th (next Tuesday).  We'll gather at 7:30, eat,
clean up, and then be ready to ring for the 1812 Overture which should
start at about 10 PM.  It would be good to know in advance how many
people are coming, so that we can make sure there will be enough food,
but as usual, showing up at the last minute without notice is fine.
  It might be good for locals to bring stuff that requires preparation
(like salads or some sort of main dish) so that people who are
travelling can just get stuff like soda or cookies from the 7-11.  I'm
not saying that anybody has to cook, though. Presumably it will be hot
that day, less than ideal for hovering over a hot stove.
   For allergy reasons, please don't bring anything with peanuts, and if
you have dairy products in your item, make note of it.

We've already had cold cuts and some soda promised, leaving basically
everything else up for grabs.
  Thanks bunches.  I'm looking forward to it.
Laura Dickerson