Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:48:46 -0500
From: Rosalie Crouch <crouchrk musc edu>
Subject: Ring Around charleston

The Ring around Charleston event approaches and I do hope that you and many from your tower are going to be able to join us. The dates are February 24 to 26th.

We will be having sessions for all levels, from rounds to surprise royal. We will be using all four towers in the Charleston area, three of which are within walking distance. There will be at least two session running concurrently are all times so there will be plenty of ringing for all. Quarter peals will be scheduled as we find out the preferences of those attending. There will be opportunities to ring at all four towers for all levels. There will be service ringing at all four churches.

We will also be offering special sessions. These are open to all but please let us know when you register if you are interested in one or more of the sessions so that we can arrange appropriate space.

1. Basic service conducting: call changes, quick touches of bob doubles/bob triples - 1 hour class/1hour tower - Mike Schulte (for anyone wanting to run service ringing sessions) 2. Conducting quarter peals: coursing order, selecting compositions, putting folks right -1 hour class - Mike Schulte (for those who have some conducting experience and want help in calling quarter peals)
3. Rope splicing - 1 hour class - Derek Sibson

The reception on Friday will be held with general ringing at Grace. The dinner will be on Saturday evening. Both events, including wine and beer, are covered in the registration fee of $50. And, in addition to all this, Charleston is a beautiful city. Three of the towers are located in the historic downtown section and the fourth is on the barrier sea island, Sullivan's Island, next to a historic fort . We will have tourist information on hand.

Do join us. Additional information can be found at <http://www.gracechurchcharleston.org/music/bells.html

The Charleston Ringers

[Note, there is a registration form that I've deleted before forwarding - please see the website or contact Rosalie for the pdf form. - Britt]