FW: Melrose Anniversary Weekend, Jan 27-29

From: Matthew Bogen <mbogen gmail com>
To: <nagcr yahoogroups com>
Subject: Melrose Anniversary Weekend, Jan 27-29
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:43:54 -0500
)

The plans for the Melrose Anniversary Weekend are finally gelling (or maybe
congealing? :)  There will be ringing Friday - Sunday.  We are expecting
folks from Washington, DC, Boston, and Philadelphia, and hopefully a few
others.  The detailed ringing (and eating) schedule is below.

Food:
There will be refreshments all weekend at Melrose.  A donation is requested
to cover the costs.  Any surplus will go to our rope fund.
Saturday¹s dinner will be prepared at Melrose.  There will be a charge of
$15/adult and $5/child to cover expenses.  We would like the headcount for
dinner.  Please respond by Monday January 23 so we know how much food to
buy, and what our budget is.  If you have special dietary requests, please
email BeverlyFaber compuserve com <mailto:BeverlyFaber compuserve com> .

Housing
There are a few beds available at the homes of local ringers, and at St.
Aidan's across the street (donation requested).  Please email
BeverlyFaber compuserve com if you would like housing.  There are also
accommodations nearby at the Spring Hill Suites or Hilton Garden Inn.

Ringing:
The local band has been making great strides this year, so we are hoping to
have a wide range of ringing, from Plain Bob Doubles, to Glasgow S. Major
and Stedman Caters (at Kent).  If you know or are working on Bristol,
London, or Glasgow, please brush up on them. Likewise for all the less
bizarre and ambitious methods - particularly the bobs and singles in Stedman
and Grandsire.

Friday evening:
    6:30 -  8:30    Melrose  (we will confirm starting time)
Saturday:
   10:00 - 12:30   Melrose  (possible QP attempt at 12:30)
    2:30 -  4:30   Kent     (possible QP attempt at  4:30)
    5:30 -  6:30   Melrose
    6:30           Dinner
Sunday:
    9:30           Service ringing (time approximate - actual time tbd)
   10:30 -  3:00   Melrose - general ringing - end time flexible

We may plan several quarter peal attempts, Friday evening, Saturday or
Sunday, depending on who shows up.  We will not ring quarters if it would
leave a lot of people sitting around.

If you are arriving Friday evening, you are on your own for dinner.  If you
would like to meet others for dinner in Somers or Brewster, email Beverly,
and we'll see if there is a quorum.

Please reply to Matt Bogen, tc melroseringing org.

Up to the minute information may be found at www.melroseringing.org
<http://www.melroseringing.org> .

We hope to see you there!  (Really!)

- Matt Bogen