Quarter Peal Fortnight

Don roped me into organizing Boston's part in the North American Guild
Quarter
Peal Fortnight. The premise behind this event is that every tower and
handbell
group in North America rings a quarter peal (or more) during a fortnight,
and
hopefully achieve some goals that the band sets for itself. The event is
being
organized by Sara Miller, assisted by Mike Schulte and our very own Don.

For our part, Don suggests that we ring at both towers and try to include
as
many people as possible. As you've probably guessed, this event will
entail us
ringing (hopefully) lots of quarters.

So. The North American Guild Quarter Peal Fortnight will take place from
October
1st to the 16th. Here's what I need from you lot:

1. Availability. Any quarters that take place at Old North will be during
regular service ringing (2nd, 9th, 16th October). At Advent, it will be a
Saturday and/or Sunday afternoon. So let me know what day(s) you can make
it
and the maximum number of quarters you are willing to ring.

2. I realize this may be an extremely ignorant question, but please give
me a
rough idea of what you are capable of ringing, for purposes of band
placement.

3. What would you like to ring? Here's your chance to request to do any
method
you want!

4. Any other reasonable goals you can think of that we should try to
accomplish?

And I think that's it for now, unless someone tells me there's something
I've
forgotten.

~Amy

PS: If the handbell group wishes to participate, by all means! Though I
think
it's best if somebody other than me organizes it. Do be sure to let me
know of
any plans that get made so I can drop a line to Ms. Miller.