Fwd: Newsletter 31

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Dee White" <dee crinan net>
Date: June 24, 2005 11:46:48 AM EDT
Subject: Newsletter 31

Hi folks,

I haven't had a lot of information to pass on partly due to Telaurus
being "down" for over a day and also Nick hasn't had time to do a proper newsletter and I've had trouble locating his daily log which didn't seem
to be published properly at the correct time. I eventually found it on
the Pindar site by looking thro' the archives for 21st June entitled
"Brilliant Racing" in case any of you missed it.

Good to see them now up in 9th place. Thanks to all you wonderful people who have put messages on the Pindar site. Robin and Judy, Dave A. Diana,
Ched Hayes, David G. Chris and Les, Heather, Tony F. Ken and Aud and
Sarah and Erick and co. Don't forget to mention Nick's name and keep
them coming on teampindar.com

Remember to let me know if you are planning to come to Portsmouth and
let me have your mobile numbers.

There is an all day car park by the finish line at Southsea Castle at £5
for the day.(as there was at the start) I think it's only about 1/2
hours walk to Gunwarf from there.

Keep in touch,

Love Dee

PINDAR NEWS 6.2

See the Pindar website for the latest update as I've just written the
log.

Pete Yarney.  Thanks for your email and support enjoy France. look
forward

to seeing you in Portsmouth. don't know about trashing sails sounds as
if

I'll get really trashed there!! Passed on your message to Matt Jess and
he's

looking forward to meeting you "in the flesh" in Portsmouth. Yes it's
great

to be able to prove that the old farts can still take part in ocean
racing

although the Challenge is one of the very few opportunities for the
likes of

us.

Marg and Harold. The latter is right I'm completely mad but you already
know

that anyway. Congrats to you on becoming grandparents again and to Helen
and

Andy. At 9lb 5oz Joseph Henry must have been like trying to shove our
2.2

flanker kite through the companionway when it's been badly packed.  Eye

popping!! If the weather is as bad getting back as the start at least it

will be up the chuff and kite fly us back but then Challenge will put in

extra waypoints so we don't arrive before the party!! The arrival window
in

La Rochelle is between  4 - 6 July and we leave on 13th July.

Alan and Betty.  You can't be talking about Dee singing I hope!!!! No
life

will never be the same again thank god. Will catch up with you on my
return

explain all the techie terms and bore you to death with "when I did the

global Challenge"

Maureen. Carpel Tunnel is definitely not some exotic place to visit but
it

seems to be under control with the wrist supports and they have their
other

uses, hammering off jammers etc, though I doubt the doctor would
approve!!

''while you're down there.....'' is just as much at home on the Global
as

David's boat.

Steve L.  Thanks Steve Cwm Clyd on the north side of Y Garn sounds

interesting. Remember "you can't make lasagne with spagetti" have just
had

it for dinner out of a can!!! We're using emergency rations on this leg
so

they don't get thrown away as Challenge don't have a licence to store
food

even if it is in tins. You'll need a licence to go to the toilet in the
UK

before long!!!

Andrew Fearne. Thanks for the cheque. Sorry if my logs mean you are not

getting any work done. Words like FSA and Proceeds of Crime Act make me
feel

like turning round and doing the race again backwards.

Love to all

Nick

--
Don Morrison <dfm mv com>
"I've never understood all this fuss people make about the