BAPC Announcements: Week of - 4/22 - 26/13

Hello Everyone,

Since I will be out of the office from April 15 - 19 (returning on April
22) I am sending out the below partial list of announcements for the week
of April 22 - 26.

If you have announcements that are not on this list, please send them to
bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu

Thank You,
Gisele Byda
Boston College - Physics
(617) 552-3575

April 22 - 26, 2013

THE BOSTON AREA PHYSICS CALENDAR

The Boston Area Physics Calendar is published weekly during the academic
year by the Department of Physics, Boston College.  Entries should reach
us no later than 2:00 pm on the Wednesday proceeding the week of the
actual event.

NOTE: Entries that are past the deadline will have to be sent by you to
the BAPC late entry email address listed below.

ON-TIME submissions:  Send to bapc-events cosmos phy tufts edu
LATE submissions:  Send to bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu
SUBSCRIBE or UNSUBSCRIBE to/from the BAPC calendar:
http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/bapc.html

Monday, April 22, 2013

2:00 pm
Monday, April 22
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Center for Theoretical Physics
Nuclear & Particle Theory Seminar
Cosman Seminar Room 6c-442
"Scattering Amplitudes and the Positive Grassmannian"
Jacob Bourjaily
Harvard
Refreshments served.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

2:30pm
Tuesday, April 23
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Center for Theoretical Physics
Joint Tufts/MIT Cosmology Seminar
Cosman Seminar Room 6c-442
"A Cosmology with Finite Matter"
Louis Clavelli, Tufts and U. Alabama
Refreshments served.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

3:00 pm
Wednesday, April 24
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Center for Theoretical Physics
Joint Harvard/MIT Theory Seminar
Cosman Seminar Room 6c-442
TBA
Shamit Kachru
Stanford
Refreshments served.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

4:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The David and Edith Harris Physics Colloquium Series
Building 34, Room 101
"The String Theory - Condensed Matter Flirtation: An Eyewitness Account"
Jan Zaanen
Leiden University
Refreshments @ 3:30 PM in 4-349
http://web.mit.edu/physics/events/colloquia.html

Friday, April 26, 2013

3:00 PM
Friday, April 26, 2013
Tufts University
Physics & Astronomy Colloquium
212 College Avenue, Medford
Robinson Hall, Room 253
"Planck's View of the Universe"
Bruce Partridge
Haverford College
Refreshments will be served at 2:30 PM in Knipp Library, Robinson 251.

3:00 p.m.
April 26
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Plasma Science and Fusion Center Seminar
Building NW17-218
"MHD modeling in support of thermal quench and runaway electron mitigation
for ITER"
Valerie Izzo
University of California, San Diego

Thank You,