Late entries send to: bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the bapc go
to:http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/bapc.html

Monday, May 01, 2006

4:15 pm
Harvard University
Department of Physics Monday Colloquia
Jefferson 250
"Torsion Balance Tests of Gravity at Short Distances & Spin Coupled Forces"
Bruce Rosen
NMR at Massachusetts General Hospital
Tea will be served in Jefferson 450 @ 3:30 pm
http://www.physics.harvard.edu

12:30 pm
Boston University
Particle and Fields Seminar
Physics Research Building
3 Cummington St., room 595
"Twin Higgs Theories"
Zackaria Chacko
University of Arizona

2:00 pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nuclear and Particle Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics
Building NE25
Fourth Floor seminar room
"Possible and Impossible in Effective Field Theory"
Nima Arkani-Hamed
Harvard University
Refreshments will be served
see our web page for directions to our new location

Tuesday, May 2, 2006

4:00 pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT Astrophysics Colloquia Spring 2006
Marlar Lounge 37-252
TBA
Professor Malcolm Longair
Cambridge University
http://web.mit.edu/astrophysics/colloq.html

Wednesday, May 3, 2006

4:30 pm (Note new time)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
String Theory Seminar Center for Theoretical Physics
Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room
"Ghost D-branes"
Takuya Okuda
UCSB

Thursday, May 4, 2006

2:30 pm Note day and time
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Joint Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics
Building NE 25, Fourth Floor seminar room
"Very Special Relativity"
Andrew Cohen
Boston University
Refreshment will be served

4:00 pm
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
CfA Colloquium Series
Phillips Auditorium
60 Garden Street
Cambridge
"Protoplanetary Disks: Analogs of the Early Solar System"
David Wilner
CfA
tea and cookies at 3:30 pm

Friday, May 5, 2006

11:45 am
Harvard University
Duality Seminar
Jefferson 453
"Ghost D-branes"
Takuya Okuda
KITP, Santa Barbara
Lunchtime seminar: pizza and other good things

4:00 pm
Harvard University
Condensed Matter and Applied Physics Colloquium
Pierce 209
"Nanocomposites and Nanofluids"
Emmanuel Giannelis
Department of Materials Science and Engineering Cornell University
Refreshments will be served in the Brooks Room following the colloquium

4:00 pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Plasma Science & Fusion Center Seminar
"The Role of MHD in Disruption Mitigation by Noble Gas Injection"
Valerie Izzo
Plasma Science & Fusion Center, MIT