Late entries send to: bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the bapc go
to:http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/bapc.html

Monday, April 10, 2006

12:30 pm
Boston University
Particle and Fields Seminars
Physics Research Building
3 Cummington St, room 595
"Emerging Holography"
Ian Low
IAS

2:00 pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nuclear and Particle Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics
Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room
"Physics of the D=5 Chern-Simons Term"
Christopher Hill
Fermi National Lab
Refreshments will be served
see our web page for directions to our new location

4:15 pm
Harvard University
Department of Physics Monday Colloquia
Sponsored by the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study and
Co-Sponsored by the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
Jefferson 250
"Embedded Clusters: Laboratories for Understanding the Origin of Stars and
Planets"
Elizabeth Lada
University of Florida
Tea will be served in Jefferson 450 @ 3:30 pm

7:30 pm
Boston College
Department of Physics
Professor Michael A'Hearn
NASA
"NASA's Deep Impact: Master's Class, Moderated Talk"
Higgins 310

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

3:00 pm
Department of Physics
Boston College
Seminar
Dr. Brad Marston
Brown University
Higgins 230

4:00 pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT Astrophysics Colloquia Spring 2006
Marlar Lounge 37-252
BICEP and QUAD: Measuring CMB Polarization with More Muscle
Dr. John Kovac
California Institute of Technology
http://web.mit.edu/astrophysics/colloq.html

8:00 pm
Harvard University
David M. Lee Historical Lecture in Physics
Science Center, Hall D
1 Oxford Street
"The Flowering of Magnetic Resonance and Condensed Matter Physics -- Some
History, Ancient and in the Making"
Charles P. Slichter
Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Refreshments following lecture at the: Collection of Historical Scientific
Instruments Special Exhibition Gallery
Science Center, Room 251

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

3:00 pm
Theoretical Seminar
B&H 555, 3:00 p.m. (note time)
"From the Manhatten Project to Number Theory:  How nuclear physics helps us
understand primes"
Prof. Steven Miller
Brown University, Math Department

4:30 pm
Institute for Theoretical Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
and Harvard University Physics Department
Joint Atomic Physics Colloquium
Jefferson 356
"Quantum coherence of Hard-Core-Bosons and Fermions: Extended, Glassy and
Mott Phases"
Ana-Maria Rey
Institute for Theoretical, Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics (ITAMP)
Refreshments served at 4:00 pm

Thursday, April 13, 2006

4:15 pm
Clark University
Physics Colloquium
Sackler Science Center, Room N-105
"Biolocomotion on small scales"
Eric Lauga
Department of Mechanical Engineering
MIT

Friday, April 14, 2006

11:45 a.m.
Harvard University
Duality Seminar
Jefferson 453
"Heterotic Flux Compactifications: Where Do We Stand?"
Melanie Becker
Radcliffe Institute/Texas A&M
Lunchtime seminar: refreshments available

3:00 pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Special String Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25
Fourth Floor seminar room
"Gauge Theories, Strings and Cosmology"
Igor Klebanov
Princeton
Refreshments will be served
see our web page for directions to our new location

4:00 pm
Harvard University
Condensed Matter and Applied Physics Colloquium
Pierce 209
"Imaging Electrons in Semiconducting Nanostructures: 2DEG's, Quantum Dots,
and Nanowires"
Ania Bleszynski
Department of Physics
Harvard University
Refreshments will be served in the Brooks Room following the colloquium