Late entries send to: bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the bapc go
to:http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/bapc.html

Monday, March 06, 2006

2:00PM
Harvard University
Pierce Hall, Room 100F
29 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA
CNS Special Seminar:
"Spin-polarized current created by quantum point contacts with spin-orbit
interaction?
Mikio Eto
Faculty of Science and Technology,
Keio University
Yokohama, Japan
http://www.cns.fas.harvard.edu/about/news_events.php

2:00 PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nuclear and Particle Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics
Building NE25
Fourth Floor seminar room
"Limits on a cosmological vector background"
Alejandro Jenkins
CalTech
Refreshments will be served
see our web page for directions to our new location

4:15 pm.
Harvard University
Loeb Colloquium
Jefferson 250
"Putting Weirdness to Work: Quantum Information Science"
John Preskill
Caltech
Tea in Jefferson 450 at 3:30 p.m.

March 7, 2006

3:00 p.m.
Harvard University
Loeb Lecture I
Jefferson 250
"Battling Decoherence: The Fault-Tolerant Quantum Computer"
John Preskill
Caltech

4:00pm
Brandeis University
Martin Weiner Lecture Series, Physics Colloquium
Physics Building, Abelson 131
"Respiration in Earth's Carbon Cycle, Past and Present"
Professor Daniel Rothman
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Dept. of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
Refreshments in Room 333 at 3:30pm

4:00 PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT Astrophysics Colloquia Spring 2006
Marlar Lounge 37-252
The Origin of Brown Dwarfs
Professor Kevin Luhman
The Pennsylvania State University
http://web.mit.edu/astrophysics/colloq.html

Wednesday, March 8, 2006

2:00 PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
String Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics
Building NE25
Fourth Floor seminar room
"From AdS3/CFT2 to Black Hole/Topological String"
Xi Yin
Harvard
Refreshments will be served
see our web page for directions to our new location

4:00 pm
U-Mass Lowell Colloquium
Olney 218
"Dripping, Jetting, Drops and Wetting: The Magic of Microfluidics"
Professor David A. Weitz
Harvard University
Refreshments at 3:30 pm

Thursday, March 9, 2006

3:00 p.m.
Harvard University
Loeb Lecture II
Jefferson 250
"Topological quantum computation"
John Preskill
Caltech

4:00 pm
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
CfA Colloquium Series Phillips Auditorium,
60 Garden Street
Cambridge
"Leaky Stars: Pulsations, Waves, and Turbulence in Stellar Winds across the
H-R Diagram"
Steve Cranmer
CfA
tea and cookies at 3:30 p.m.

Friday, March 10, 2006

11:45 a.m.
Harvard University
Duality Seminar
Jefferson 453
"Black Things Big and Small"
Atish Dabholkar
TIFR
Lunchtime seminar: refreshments will be available.

4:00 PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Plasma Science & Fusion Center Seminar
"Basic Investigations of Electrostatic Turbulence and Transport in a Simple
Toroidal Plasma"
Ambrogio Fasoli
CRPP, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland