Late entries send to: bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the bapc go
to:http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/bapc.html

Monday, February 27, 2006

12:30 PM
Boston University
Particle and Fields Seminars
Physics Research Building
3 Cummington St
room 595
"The Flavor of a Little Higgs a la T-parity"
Jay Hubisz
Fermilab

2:00PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nuclear and Particle Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics
Building NE25
Fourth Floor seminar room
"Strong CP violation in hot QCD: from heavy ion collisions to cosmology"
Dmitri Kharzeev
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Refreshments will be served
see our web page for directions to our new location

2:30
Brown University
High Energy Theory Seminar
BH 555
"Matrix B ig Bangs and D-Branes Production"
Prof. Sumit Das (U Kentucky)

4:00pm
Northeastern University
Physics Colloquium
114 Dana Research Center
"Control of Actin Filament Assembly at the Molecular and Cellular Scale"
Dr. Dimitris Vavylonis
Columbia University
Refreshments will be served

4:15PM (Refreshments at 4PM )
MIT
Nuclear and Particle Physics Colloquium
26-414, Kolker Room
"Contributions of Strange Quarks to Proton Structure"
Douglas Beck
University of Illinois
www.lns.mit.edu/seminars

4:15 pm
Harvard University
Department of Physics Monday Colloquia
Jefferson 250
"To be announced"
Tea will be served in Jefferson 450 @ 3:30 pm

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

3:30 PM
Boston University
Physics Department Colloquium Series
Metcalf Science Center, Room SCI-107
"New physics at the LHC: maybe the little Higgs?"
Martin Schmaltz
Boston University
Refreshments served at 3:15 PM in 1st floor lounge

3:30pm
Northeastern University
Physics Colloquium
114 Dana Research Center
"Can Particle Physics Make a Case for String Theory?"
Dr. Brent Nelson
University of Pennsylvania
Refreshments will be served

4:00pm
Brandeis University
Martin Weiner Lecture Series, Physics Colloquium
Physics Building, Abelson 131
"Detecting Quantum Duality in the Cuprate Superconductors"
Professor Subir Sachdev
Harvard University
Refreshments in Room 333 at 3:30pm

4:00 PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT Astrophysics Colloquia Spring 2006
Marlar Lounge 37-252
"The Dispersed Fourier Transform Spectrometer - Bringing the FTS into the
21st Century"
Dr. Arsen Hajian
United States Naval Observatory
http://web.mit.edu/astrophysics/colloq.html

Wednesday, March 1, 2006

4:30PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Joint Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
"Solving the open string field theory"
Martin Schnabl
CERN
Refreshments will be served at 4PM
see our web page for directions to our new location

Thursday, March 2, 2006

3:00 pm
Tufts University
Thursday Cosmology Seminar
Robinson Hall, Room 250
"Cosmic Superstrings"
Jose Blanco-Pillado
New York University
Refreshments served in Robinson 251 at 2:30 pm

4:00 pm
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
CfA Colloquium Series Phillips Auditorium
60 Garden Street
Cambridge
"Star Formation in the Nearest Kiloparsec - The View from Spitzer"
Tom Megeath
CfA
tea and cookies at 3:30 p.m.

Friday, March 3, 2006

11:45 a.m.
Harvard University
Duality Seminar
Jefferson 453
"Sen's Conjectures in Open String Field Theory"
Martin Schnabl
CERN
Lunchtime seminar; refreshments provided.

3:00 pm
Tufts University
Physics and Astronomy Colloquium
Anderson Hall, Room 206
"SOFIA's Expected Science Return"
NASA - Ames Research Center
Refreshments served in Robinson 251 at 2:30 pm

4:00 p.m.
Harvard University
Condensed Matter and Applied Physics Colloquium
Pierce 209
"Poking and Sealing Holes: Interactions of Antimicrobial Peptides and
Poloxamers with Lipid Membranes"
Ka Yee C. Lee
Department of Chemistry
The Institute for Biophysical Dynamics & The James Franck Institute
University of Chicago
Refreshments will be served in the Brooks Room following the colloquium