Late entries send to: bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu
To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the bapc go
to:http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/bapc.html

Monday, February 13, 2006

2:00PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nuclear and Particle Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room
"Factorization in B decays from the soft-collinear effective theory"
Dan Pirjol
MIT
Refreshments will be served
see our web page for directions to our new location

4:15PM
MIT
Nuclear and Particle Physics Seminar
26-414
"Using Nearby Supernovae to Understand Dark Energy"
Steve Bailey, LBL
http://pierre.mit.edu/seminars/nppc.html

4:15 pm
Harvard University
Department of Physics Monday Colloquia
Jefferson 250
"New Forms of Quantum Matter Near Absolute Zero Temperature"
Wolfgang Ketterle
MIT
Tea will be served in Jefferson 450 @ 3:30 pm

4:30 p.m.
Northeastern University
Physics Colloquium
114 Dana Research Building
"The Mystery of Masses and the Large Hadron Collider"
Gilad Perez
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Refreshments will be served.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

12:00 Noon
Harvard University
Cruft 318
"The Mpemba Effect: Zone Refining and Freezing Point Depression"
J. I. Katz
Washington University in St. Louis
Department of Physics and McDonnell Center for the Space Sciences

2:30PM
Massachusetts Insititute of Technology
Joint Tufts/CfA/MIT Cosmology seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
"Quantum Gravity and the Dark Sector"
Scott Watson
University of Toronto
Refreshments will be served at 2PM in the same room

3:30 PM
Boston University
Physics Department Colloquium Series
Metcalf Science Center, Room SCI-107
"Fundamental Physics Through Astrophysics"
Christopher Stubbs
Harvard University
Refreshments served at 3:15 PM in 1st floor lounge

4:00 pm
Brandeis University
Martin Weiner Lecture Series, Physics Colloquium
Physics Building, Abelson 131
"Shaky Stuff: The Dynamics of Soft Foamy Matter"
Vinothan N. Manaharan
Assistant Professor of Physics and Chemical Engineering
Harvard University
Refreshments in Room 333 at 3:30pm

4:00 PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT Astrophysics Colloquia Spring 2006
Marlar Lounge 37-252
Unified Models of Gamma-Ray Bursts, Active Galactic Nuceli and Black Hole
X-ray Sources
Professor Jonathan Katz
Washington University in St. Louis
http://web.mit.edu/astrophysics/colloq.html

4:00 p.m.
Northeastern University
Joint CIRCS/Physics Dept. Colloquium
114 Dana Research Building
"Statistical Mechanics of Complex Networks: From the Internet to Cell
Biology"
Albert-Laszlo Barabasi
Dana Farber Cancer Inst. & University of Notre Dame
Refreshments will be served

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

4:00 pm
U-Mass Lowell Colloquium
Olney 218
"Teaching the Mysteries of  Quantum Mechanics at the Undergraduate Level"
Professor George Greenstein
Amherst College
Refreshments at 3:30 pm

4:30 p.m.
Northeastern University
Physics Colloquium
114 Dana Research Building
"Hunting Black Holes at the Large Hadron Collider"
Luis Anchordoqui
Northeastern University
Refreshments will be served.

4:30p.m.
Harvard University
Joint Theory Seminar
Jefferson 453
"2D RG Flow and Closed String Tachyon Dynamics"
Albion Lawrence (Brandeis)
Refreshments will be served from 4pm.

Thursday, February 16,2006

1:30PM(NOTE DAY AND TIME)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology String Theory Seminar Center for
Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
"D-branes in non-critical superstrings"
Jan Troost
LPT-ENS
Refreshments will be served *see our web page for directions to our new
location

3:00 pm
Tufts University
Thursday Cosmology Seminar
Robinson Hall, Room 250
"Our Universe and Extra Dimensions"
Andrei V. Frolov
Stanford University
Refreshments served in Knipp Library, Robinson Hall, Room 251 at 2:30 pm

4:15 pm
Physics Colloquium Series at MIT
Raymond Goldstein, University of Arizona
How the Stalactite Got Its Shape
Place: Room 10-250
Refreshments will be served in the Physics Undergraduate Lounge
(8-329) at 3:45pm
list of upcoming
colloquia:http://web.mit.edu/physics/newsandevents/physics_colloquia_sched_s
prin

4:00 p.m.
Northeastern University
Physics Colloquium
114 Dana Research Building
"Memory Systems in the Brain: Modeling Short-term and Long-term Processes"
Paul Miller
Brandeis University
Refreshments will be served.

Friday, February 17, 2006

11:45 a.m.
Harvard University
Duality Seminar
Jefferson 453
"Geometry and the MSSM"
Martijn Wijnholt
Princeton
Lunchtime seminar: pizza, salad and fruit will be available

12:10 pm
Brandeis University
Special Condensed Matter Seminar
(Note change of day and room)
Physics Building, Room 229
"Is Jamming a Phase Transition?: Experiments in Flowing Foam"
Professor Michael Dennin
University of California-Irvine