Late entries send to: bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the bapc go to:
http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/bapc.html

Monday, February 6, 2006

2:00PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nuclear and Particle Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
"Black Holes, Black Rings and Beyond"
David Mateos
University of California, Santa Barbara
Refreshments will be served
see our web page for directions to our new location

4:15 pm
Harvard University
Department of Physics Monday Colloquia
Jefferson 250
"Topological Quantum Computation"
Chetan Nayak
Microsoft UCLA
tea will be served in Jefferson 450 at 3:30 pm

Tuesday, February 7, 2006

11:30 AM
Harvard University
Condensed Matter Theory Seminar
Lyman 425
"Incompressible quantum liquids and new conservation laws"
Henry Fu
University of California, Berkely

2:30pm
Tufts University
Joint Tufts/CFA/MIT Cosmology Seminar
Robinson 250
"The Heterotic Brane Gas"
Natalia Shuhmaher
McGill University
Refreshments served at 2:00pm in Knipp Library, Room 251

3:30 PM
Boston University
Physics Department Colloquium Series
Metcalf Science Center, Room SCI-107
"Direct and Indirect Dark Matter Searches"
Laura Baudis
University of Florida
Refreshments served at 3:15 PM in 1st floor lounge

4:00 p.m.
Northeastern University
Joint CIRCS/Physics Dept. Colloquium
114 Dana Research Building
"RNA Folding Energy Landscapes in Gene Splicing"
Shi-Jie Chen
University of Missouri - Columbia
Refreshments will be served

4:15PM  note day and time
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Special Seminar Center for
Theoretical
Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
"New Physics and the LHC Inverse Problem"
Liantao Wang
Harvard University

Wednesday, February 8, 2006

2:00pm (note change of day and time)
Brandeis University
High Energy Theory Seminar
Physics Building, Abelson 229
"Matrix Model Maps in AdS/CFT"
Professor Antal Jevicki
Brown University

4:00 p.m.
Northeastern University
Condensed Matter Seminar
114 Dana Research Building
"Interaction Effects and Electron Decoherence in Disordered Conductors"
Andrei Zaikin
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Germany
Refreshments will be served.

4:00 pm
U-Mass Lowell Colloquium
Olney 218
"Relativity and GPS Measurements"
Dr. Pratap Misra
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
Refreshments at 3:30 pm

4:30 PM
Institute for Theoretical Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics and Harvard
University Physics Department Joint Atomic Physics Colloquium Jefferson 356
"Coherent Manipulation of Matter waves on Atom Chips"
Joerg Schmiedmayer,
The Universitaet Heidelberg
Refreshments served at 4:00 PM

4:30PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Joint Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
"On quantum mechanics as a constrained deterministic dynamics"
Petr Jizba
Czech Technical University
Refreshments will be served at 4:15
see our web page for directions to our new location

Thursday, February 9, 2006

1:00 P.M.
Harvard University
Materials Science Seminar
Gordon McKay Lab, Room 402
"Quantitative In-situ Nanoindentation in the TEM"
Eric A. Stach
Purdue University, School of Materials Engineering

4:00 pm
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics Colloquium
Phillips Auditorium
60 Garden Street
Cambridge, MA
"Bok Prize Lecture Exotica and Basic Physics: A Globular Cluster Pulsar
Renaissance with the GBT"
Scott Ransom
NRAO
Tea and cookies at 3:30 pm

4:15 pm
Physics Colloquium Series at MIT
Room 10-250
Urs Achim Weidemann
State University of New York
Stony Brook
"Heavy Ion Collisions at RHIC and at the LHC"
Upcoming talks can be seen on :
http://web.mit.edu/physics/newsandevents/physics_colloquia_sched_spring_06.h
tml

Thursday, February 9, 2006

3:30 p.m.
Northeastern University
Physics Colloquium
114 Dana Research Building
"Why is the Weak Interaction So Strong? Opportunities and Challenges at the
Large Hadron Collider"
Liantao Wang
Harvard University
Refreshments will be served.

Friday, February 10, 2006

11:45 a.m.
Harvard University
Duality Seminar
Jefferson 453
"String theory dynamics for generalized structures"
Alessandro Tomasiello
Stanford
Lunchtime seminar: pizza, salad and fruit will be available

2:00 p.m.
Northeastern University
Physics Colloquium
114 Dana Research Building
"Superfluidity in Correlated Fermions: From High Tc Superconductors to
Ultracold Atomic Fermi Gases"
Qijin Chen
University of Chicago
Refreshments will be served.