Late entries send to: bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the bapc go
to:http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/bapc.html

Monday, December 5, 2005

1:00 p.m.
Northeastern University
High Energy Seminar
114 Dana Research Building
"Observing Dark Energy via Neutrino Detectors"
Dr. Gilad Perez
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
Refreshments at 12:45

2:00PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nuclear and Particle Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics
Building NE25, 4th Floor seminar room
"Pentaquark baryon in anisotropic Lattice QCD"
Takumi Doi
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Refreshments will be served
*see our web page for directions to our new location

4:15 pm
Harvard University
Department of Physics Monday Colloquiua
Jefferson 250
"The Highest Energy Cosmic Rays"
Stefan Westerhoff
Columbia University
tea will be served in Jefferson 450 at 3:30 pm

Tuesday, December 6,2005

2:30PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Joint Tufts/CfA/MIT Cosmology seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
``Acceleration Without Dark Energy"
Rocky Kolb
Fermilab
Refreshments will be served at 2PM
* see our web page for directions to our new location

3:30 pm
Boston University
Physics Department Colloquium Series
Metcalf Science Center, Room SCI-107
"Emergence of Compact Patterns"
Philip Rosenau
Tel-Aviv University
Refreshments served at 3:15 pm in the SCI 1'st floor lounge

4:00PM note special day and time
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nuclear and Particle Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
"Observing dark energy via neutrino detectors"
Gilad Perez
LBL
Refreshments will be served
* see our web page for directions to our new location

Wednesday, December 7,2005

2:00PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
String/Gravity Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
"Transport properties of strongly coupled gauge theories"
Andrei Starinets
Perimeter Institute
Refreshments will be served
*see our web page for directions to our new location

3:30PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Special Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
"The problem of confinement in lattice gauge theory"
Michele Pepe
ITP, University of Bern
Refreshments will be served
*see our web page for directions to our new location

4:30p.m.
Harvard University Joint Theory Seminar, Jefferson 453
"Electric dipole moments as probes of new physics"
Adam Ritz
CERN & Victoria
Refreshments from 4pm

Thursday, December 8, 2005

12:00 PM
Harvard University
Condensed Matter Theory Seminar
Lyman 425
"Electron life-time in quantum wires: Definition and Observability"
Karyn Le Hur
Université de Sherbrooke

2:00PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Special Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
"Gluinos in Split Supersymmetry"
Jay Wacker
Stanford University
Refreshments will be served
*see our web page for directions to our new location

5:00 PM
Boston University
Boston University Center for Einstein Studies Seminar on Mathematical
Methods in the Exact Sciences
745 Commonwealth Ave., Room 525
"Background Independent Quantization"
Professor Jerzy Lewandowski
Intsitute for Theoretical Physics, Warsaw Max-Planck-Institut fur
Gravitationsphysik, Potsdam
For more info contact John Statchel or Mihaela Iftime at 617-353-9248 or
stachel bu edu

Friday, December 9, 2005