Late entries send to: bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the bapc go
to:http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/bapc.html

Monday, November 28, 2005

2:00 pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nuclear and Particle Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room
?2-dimensional dynamics of Wilson loops in 4-dimensional Yang-Mills
theories?
Frieder Lenz
U Erlanger/Nurenberg
Refreshments will be served
*see our web page for directions to our new location

4:15 pm
Harvard Physics Loeb Colloquium
Jefferson 250
"A Physics View of Brain Computation"
John Hopfield
Princeton University
Tea in Jefferson 450 at 3:30 p.m.

4:15 pm
MIT
Nuclear and Particle Physics Colloquium
26-414, Kolker Room
"Measurements of the Generalized Electric and
Magnetic Polarizabilities of the Proton at Low
Q2 by Virtual Compton Scattering"
Rory Miskiman
UMass/Amherst
*Refreshments at 4PM
http://pierre.mit.edu/seminars/nppc.html

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

2:30 pm
Tufts University
Joint Tufts/CFA/MIT Cosmology Seminar
Robinson 250
"Dark Matter and the Anthropic Principle"
Simeon Hellerman
Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton
Refreshments served at 2:00pm in Knipp Library, Room 251

3:00 pm
Harvard Physics Loeb Lecture I
Jefferson 250
"The Dynamics of Spike-Timing Computation: Olfaction"
John Hopfield
Princeton University

THIS TALK HAS BEEN CANCELLED>>> 3:30 PM
Boston University Physics Department Colloquium Series Metcalf Science
Center, Room SCI-107
"Thirty years of Condensed Matter Physics with Trans-Uraniium Elements and
Compounds: A 'Glowing' String of Discoveries"
Greg Stewart
University of Florida

4:00 pm
Brandeis University
Martin Weiner Lecture Series, Physics Colloquium
Physics Building, Abelson 131
"Mapping Forces Inside Emulsions: Toward an Ordered
View of Disordered Solids"
Professor Anthony D. Dinsmore
University of Massachusetts-Amherst
Refreshments in Room 333 at 3:30pm

4:00 pm
Northeastern University
CIRCS Seminar
114 Dana Research Center
"A Paradigm for Biolubrication"
Jacob Klein
Oxford University & Weizmann Institute
Refreshments will be served

4:00 pm
MIT Astrophysics Colloquia
TBA
http://web.mit.edu/astrophysics.colloq.html

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

4:00 pm
Umass Lowell Colloquia
Olney 218
"A Physicist's View of Earthquakes"
Professor William Klein
Boston University
Refreshments at 3:30 pm

4:30 pm
The Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics/ Department of Physics -
Harvard University Joint Atomic Physics Colloquium
Jefferson 356
Martin Head-Gordon (UC Berkeley)
"Frontiers of computational quantum chemistry on classical and quantum
computers"
Tea @ 4:00 p.m.
Sponsored by Institute for Theoretical Atomic, Molecular and Optical
Physics ITAMP (http://itamp.harvard.edu) and Harvard Physics Department
(http://www.physics.harvard.edu)

4:30PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Joint Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
``TBA"
Georgi Dvali
NYU
Refreshments will be served *see our web page for directions to our
new location

4:30 PM
Joint Atomic Physics Colloquium
Harvard Physics and Institute for Theoretical Atomic, Molecular and Optical
Physics at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
jefferson Lab 356 with tea served at 4 p.m.
[unless otherwise Noted]
Martin Head-Gordon
UC, Berkeley
will give the JAPC talk
Title to be Announced.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

10:00 AM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Name Plasma Science & Fusion Center Seminar Series
NW17-218
The Cryogenic ICF Implosions on Omega: Probing New Regimes of Inertial
Fusion
Craig Sangster
Laboratory for Laser Energetics, University of Rochester

2:30PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Special Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
"Chiral Effective Theories for Lattice QCD"
Andre Walker-Loud
U. Washington
Refreshments will be served at 2PM
* see our web page for directions to our new location

3:00 p.m.
Harvard Physics Loeb Lecture II
Jefferson 250
"A Neural Approach to Recognizing Brief Dynamical Patterns:  Speech"
John Hopfield
Princeton University

3:00 pm
Harvard University
Department of Physics
Special Condensed Matter Theory Seminar
Jefferson Lab, Room 453
"Entanglement and Correlation Effects in a Double Quantum Dot with Two
Electrons"
Dr. Vitaly Golovach
Loss CMT Group
University of Basel

3:30 PM
Boston University
Physics Department Colloquium Series
Metcalf Science Center, Room SCI-107
"Thirty Years of Condensed Matter Physics with Trans-Uranium Elements and
Compounds: A 'Glowing' String of Discoveries"
Greg Stewart
University of  Florida
Refreshments served at 3:15 PM in the SCI 1st Floor Lounge

4:00 pm
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics CfA Colloquium Series Phillips
Auditorium, 60 Garden Street, Cambridge
"The Use of Transit Timing to Detect Extrasolar Planets"
Matt Holman
CfA
tea and cookies at 3:30 p.m. *

4:15 pm
Northeastern University
Physics Colloquium
114 Dana Research Center
"TBA"
Bernd Surrow
MIT
Refreshments will be served.

4:15 pm
Clark University
Physics Colloquium
Sackler Sciences Center, Room N-105
"A history of ballistic missile defense"
Bartley Cardon
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
http://physics.clarku.edu/colloquium/

Friday, December 02, 2005

2:00 pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Name Plasma Science & Fusion Center Seminar Series
NW17-218
The Origin and Evolutin of Galactic Magnetic Fields
Ellen Zweibel
University of Wisconsin

4:00 pm
Harvard University
Condensed Matter and Applied Physics Colloquium Pierce 209
"Insulator-Metal Transition in Ion Channels and Water Filled Nanopores"
Boris Shklovskii
University of Minnesota