Late entries send to: bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the bapc go
to:http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/bapc.html
Monday, November 14, 2005

2:00PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nuclear and Particle Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
"Relaxing to Three Dimensions"
Lis Randall
Harvard University
Refreshments will be served *see our web page for directions to our new
location

4:15 pm
Harvard University
Department of Physics
Jefferson 250
"Superfluidity in Solid Helium and Solid Hydrogen"
Moses H.W. Chan
Penn State University
tea will be served in Jefferson 450 at 3:30 pm

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

1:30pm
Brandeis University
High Energy Theory Seminar
Physics Building, Abelson 229
"Non-Abelian Localization For Chern-Simons Theory"
Dr. Christopher Beasley
Harvard University

2:30PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Joint Tufts/CFA/MIT Cosmology seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, Fourth Floor seminar room*
``String Pair Production in a Time-Dependent Gravitational Field"
Daniel Wesley
Princeton
Refreshments will be served at 2PM, please see our web page for directions
to our temporary location.

3:30 PM
Boston University
Physics Department Colloquium Series
Metcalf Science Center, Room SCI-107
"Treating Coupled Ferromagnetic Cores as Dynamical Systems for Fun and
Profit"
Adi Bulsara
US Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego, CA
Refreshments served at 3:15 PM in the SCI 1st Floor Lounge

4:00pm
Brandeis University
Martin Weiner Lecture Series, Physics Colloquium
Physics Building, Abelson 131
"MEMS for Optical Telecommunications"
Professor Mehmet Dokmeci
Northeastern University, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Refreshments in Room 333 at 3:30pm

4:00 PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT Astrophysics Colloquia ? Fall 2005
Marlar Lounge 37-252
"A Large Tully-Fisher Sample of Very Faint Dwarf Galaxies"
Dr. Marla Geha
Observatories of the Carnegie Institution of Washington
http://web.mit.edu/astrophysics/colloq.html

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

12:10pm
Brandeis University
Condensed Matter Seminar
Physics Building, Room 239
"Polyelectrolyte-Protein Coacervates:Novel Biomacromolecular Fluids"
Professor Paul Dubin
University of Massachusetts-Amherst, Dept. of Chemistry

2:30 pm
Brown University
Theoretical Seminar: B&H 555
?Violation of the Bekenstein Bound in M-Theory?
Aleksey Mints
Berkeley

2:30
Brown University
Theoretical Seminar: B&H 555
?Dynamics of Antimembranes in the Maximally Supersymmetric Lid pp Wave?
Dr. Xinkai Wu
University of Kentucky

3:00PM...Note time for this week only
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
String/Gravity Theory Seminar Center for Theoretical Physics
Building NE25
Fourth Floor seminar room*
?Topological rings and heterotic strings?
Allan Adams
Harvard University
Refreshments will be served *see our web page for directions to our new
location

4:00 pm
Umass Lowell Colloquia
Olney 218
?How Can Physicists Contribute to the (Changing) Oil and Gas Industry??
Dr. Lawrence M. Schwartz
Schlumberger Corporation
Refreshments at 3:30 p.m
Thursday, November 17, 2005

4:00 pm
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics CFA Colloquium Series
Phillips Auditorium, 60 Garden Street, Cambridge
"Dwarf Disk Galaxies: Exploring Dynamics and Baryon Content at the
Faint-end
of the Luminosity Function"
Marla Geha
Carnegie Observatories
tea and cookies at 3:30 p.m.

4:15 pm
Clark University
Physics Colloquium
Sackler Sciences Center, Room N-105
"2D Frustrated Quantum Magnets"
Professor Vesna Mitrovic
Brown University
http://physics.clarku.edu/colloquium/
http://physics.clarku.edu/colloquium/

4:15pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Physics Colloquium Series
MIT 10-250
"Understanding the Strong Interactions with Effective Theories"
Professor Iain Stewart
MIT

Friday, November 18, 2005

11:45 a.m.
Harvard University
Duality Seminar
Jefferson 453
"Flux Compactifications and Moduli"
Li-Sheng Tseng
University of Utah
Lunchtime seminar: pizza, salad and fruit will be available.

3:00 pm
Tufts Physics Colloquium
Alan Hirshfeld
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth
"Starlight Detectives of the Victorian Age: The Rise of Astrophysics in the
Nineteenth Century."
Anderson 206
Refreshments at 2:30 in the Knipp Library

4:00
Harvard University
Condensed Matter and Applied Physics Colloquium
Pierce 209
"Inverse Design of Metallic and Magnetic Nanostructures"
Zhenyu Zhang
Oak Ridge National Laboratory & University of Tennessee

4:00 PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Name Plasma Science & Fusion Center Seminar Series
NW17-218
"Recent Research on Resitive Wall Mode Control"
G. Navratil
Columbia University