Late entries send to: bapc-late cosmos phy tufts edu

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from the bapc go
to:http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/bapc.html

Monday, September 26, 2005

2:00PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nuclear & Particle Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, fourth floor seminar room*
``Entanglement generation for two independent systems in a common bath"
Roberto  Floreanini
Trieste/INFN
Refreshments will be served *see our web page for directions to our new
location

3:00PM - 4:00 PM
Harvard University, Dept. of Physics
Special Seminar
Jefferson Laboratory, Rm. 250
"Some Thoughts on 2-Dimensional Physics and the N = 5/2's Fractional
Quantum
Hall State"
Dr. Michael H. Freedman
Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics
Microsoft Corporation

4:15 pm
Harvard University
Department of Physics Colloquium
Jefferson Lab., Room 250
"Fermi Condensates"
Markus Greiner
Harvard University
Tea will be served in Jefferson 450 at 3:30 pm

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

3:30 PM
Boston University
Physics Department Colloquium Series
Metcalf Science Center, Room SCI-107
"Migration, Sudden Death and Other Entanglement Challenges"
Joe Eberly
University of Rochester
Refreshments served at 3:15 PM in the SCI 1st Floor Lounge

4:00 PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Astrophysics Colloquia
Marlar Lounge 37-252
"The Star Formation and Metallicity History of Disk Galaxies:0<z<3"
Dr. Lisa Kewley
Institute for Astronomy, University of Hawaii
http://web.mit.edu/astrophysics/colloq.html

4:00 PM
Brandeis University
Martin Weiner Lecture Series, Physics Colloquium
Physics Building, Abelson 131
"Detecting gravitational-waves with interferometers: Giant detectors,
precision measurement, and the search for the elusive waves"
Professor Nergis Mavalvala
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Refreshments in Room 333 at 3:30pm

6:00 p.m.
The Frederick S. Pardee Center for the Study of the Longer-Range Future,
Boston University, SMG Auditorium,1st flr., 595 Commonwealth Ave.
"Thinking About the Future: The Big Picture"
Dr. Murray Gell-Mann
Santa Fe Institute
Reception following the lecture
for more info. Visit www.bu.edu/pardee

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

2:00PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
String/Gravity Theory Seminar
Center for Theoretical Physics, Building NE25, fourth floor seminar room*
`Black holes and plasma-balls in large N gauge theory"
Toby Wiseman
Harvard
Refreshments will be served *see our web page for directions to our new
location

4:00 PM
IIC Seminar
How to Build Google In Your Spare Time
Jim Reese, MD
4:00-5:00 PM
Maxwell Dworkin, Rm. 115
Maxwell Dworkin is on the Harvard Cambridge Campus close to the corner of

Everett Street and Oxford Street
For further information see: iic.harvard.edu/seminars.html
MAP:http://map.harvard.edu/level3.cfm?mapname=camb_allston&tile=F6&quadrant=
A&series=M
Link to poster --
http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~agoodman/IIC/documents/seminars/reese_poster.pdf

Thursday, September 29, 2005

4:00 pm
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics CfA Colloquium Series
Phillips Auditorium, 60 Garden Street, Cambridge
"The Structure of the Sculptor and Fornax Dwarf Spheroidal Galaxies"
Gary Da Costa
Mt. Stromlo Observatory, The Australian National Observatory
tea and cookies at 3:30 p.m.

4:15 pm
Clark University
Physics Colloquium
Sackler Sciences Center, Room N-105
"Tightness of knots in polymers"
Mehran Kardar
MIT
http://physics.clarku.edu/colloquium/

4:15 pm
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Physics Colloquium Series
David Nelson, Harvard University
"Spherical Crystallography: Virus Buckling and Grain Boundary Scars"
MIT Building 10, Room 250

4:15 p.m.
Northeastern University
CIRCS/Physics Department Joint Colloquium
114 Dana Research Center
"How Does a Protein Find Its Site on DNA"
Leonid Mirny
MIT
Refreshments at 4:00 p.m. in 114 Dana

4:15 p.m.
Harvard University
Duality Seminar
Jefferson 453
"Quiver Gauge Theories and Dimer Models"
Kristian Kennaway
University of Toronto
Refreshments served in the High Energy Theory coffee area, 4th floor
Jefferson, at 3:45

Friday, September 30, 2005

4:00 PM
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Name Plasma Science & Fusion Center Seminar Series
NW17-218
Structure and Scaling Properties of Zonal Flows via 2D Turbulence Dynamics
George McKee
University of Wisconsin, Madison