[Postdocs-visitors] FW: abstract for Schulman talk this Friday

Professor Gunther asked to forward the e-mail below.

Gayle

From: Gunther, Leon
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:45 AM
To: Grant, Gayle
Subject: Re: abstract for Schulman talk this Friday

Dear All,

    I am emailing you regarding our speaker for this week Larry Schulman.

Let me know if you would like to join us for lunch 12:30 to 1:30.

We will have two slots for private meetings:

    1:30 to 2 and 2 to 2:30.

Please respond as soon as possible.

Look at the abstract for mutual interests and background:

PhD Princeton 1967, with Arthur Wightman, thesis: A path integral for spin. Directly to Indiana University as asst prof, which I left in 1978 as full professor. At the Technion from 1970 which I left in 1985 with the same status. At Clarkson from 1985, as department chair for the first 6 yrs. Interests (this is the hard part), all over the map. Statistical mechanics, path integrals, quantum measurement theory, even some down to earth solid state physics (on luminescence in crystals).

He is the author of one of most well known textbooks on the Path Integral.

Leon Gunther

Professor of Physics

Tufts University

Medord, MA 02155