From: Ken Olum <kdo cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2023 3:46 PM
To: mjwadness <mjwadness verizon net>; michael_hirsh needham k12 ma us
Cc: physicstheorynet cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: optical telescope choice

OK.  Mike and Mike, it seems like you are the people who are going to use
this, so you should have the most say in what to get.  In particular, Mike
Hirsh, to think we should get two?  If so, I think we should get the
Nexstar Evolution 8, because it is inexpensive enough to make this
feasible.  If we're only going to get one, we could get the higher quality
series and perhaps larger aperture.

How do you feel about the weight of the optical tube?  Once set up, larger
aperture is better, but it will be more difficult to lift into place and
attach.

Tom wants to go ahead with the purchase, so let's figure out what to buy.

Thanks.

                                        Ken