Theorynet meeting on Saturday

We will have our first meeting of the new school year on upcoming Saturday, September 20, at 10:00 AM in room 218 at Dana Research Center, Northeastern University. It will be a very important meeting (see agenda) so please make sure to attend.

We are planning to make an inventory of the existing demo equipment and decide if we want to order Cavendish experiment, http://www.pasco.com/prodCatalog/AP/AP-8215_gravitational-torsion-balance/index.cfm   . If I remember well, there was a problem with the power supply for Millikan electron charge experiment, so whoever has it, please bring it to the meeting and we will send it to Pasco for repairs.

Agenda:

1.     Introduction of new participants

2.     Reports from Spring visits

3.     Pairings for 2014/15

4.     Demo equipment: inventory and new orders

5.     Materials for website

6.     Upcoming evaluation by WestEd

If you haven't been here before, please see http://www.campusmap.neu.edu for directions -- Dana Building is on Forsyth street, number 57 on the map and Room 218 is on the second floor. There is a public parking available in the Renaissance Park Garage off Columbus Ave, number 62, for a reduced weekend rate. Note also that we are next door to Ruggles Orange Line T/MBTA commuter station.

See you on Saturday,

 Tom