TheoryNet Fall Meeting: September 18, 2010

Hello all,

According to the minutes of our spring meeting, the proposed date for the fall meeting was September 11, with an alternate date of September 18. Due to the way the Northeastern academic calendar is set up this fall, the 11th was not going to be feasible for us to host the meeting, so we are scheduling our next meeting on the 18th. Let us plan to meet at the usual place and time: 10AM in Room 218, Dana Research Building on the campus of Northeastern university.

First time participants can consult http://www.campusmap.neu.edu for directions. Dana Building is on Forsyth street, number 57 on the map and Room 218 is on the second floor. There is a public parking available in the Renaissance Park Garage off Columbus Ave, number 62, for a reduced weekend rate of $6/day. Note also that we are next door to Ruggles Orange Line T/MBTA commuter station.

We were able to get a head start on the fall pairings at our last meeting, but we have several new participants who will need to be paired, and we all should confirm the arrangements made in the spring. Tom Taylor is back and stipends from the previous meeting(s) have been processed. The funds should be arriving shortly. Things should move a little more smoothly this coming academic year.

Hope to see you all in three weeks,

--
Brent Nelson
Department of Physics