Re: [apmultiples] Re: gender stereotypes

&gt;It's funny that so people are against pink for the girls, but I've<br>
&gt;yet to hear someone with a boy say she/he doesn't dress him in
blue.<br><br>
Well, I'll chime in for you to say that I avoid sports, motorcycle and <br>
other &quot;boy&quot; themed clothing for my oldest, a boy, and now that
he is older <br>
(almost 7) work hard to find clothes that are in bright colors and <br>
interesting designs, rather than the sea of khaki, dark green, and dark
blue which seems to be what boys are expected to wear.
We took a picture of Perry in a pink all-in-one at eight weeks and posted
it on our website and boy did we catch it from Judy's mother!&nbsp;
Seemingly she was sure we had condemned him to a lifetime of being light
in his loafers.&nbsp; <br><br>
It's an interesting question whether there are things we would limit to
one or another of the twins.&nbsp; Yes, Jocelyn has some ruffled onesies
that we wouldn't put on Perry, but I don't think there is anything we
wouldn't put on Jocelyn.&nbsp; Mostly, we try very hard to keep the
wardrobe unisex so that either baby can wear anything in the drawer.&nbsp;
(The ruffled onesies were a gift from guess who--Judy's mother.)&nbsp; We
also have generally avoided &quot;boy stuff&quot; like fake baseball
uniforms, football jerseys, etc.&nbsp; Both of them wear dinosaurs,
trains, trucks, elephants, geckos, pooh bear, penguins, polar bears,
etc.<br><br>
Valerie<br>