Re: [apmultiples] Re: gender stereotypes

>It's funny that so people are against pink for the girls, but I've
>yet to hear someone with a boy say she/he doesn't dress him in blue.

Well, I'll chime in for you to say that I avoid sports, motorcycle and
other "boy" themed clothing for my oldest, a boy, and now that he is older
(almost 7) work hard to find clothes that are in bright colors and
interesting designs, rather than the sea of khaki, dark green, and dark
blue which seems to be what boys are expected to wear.  I was horrified by
the flood of pink we received when my girls were born (like LaRee, we
didn't reveal sexes in advance to anyone)--we put them on the floor and
took a picture of them surrounded by all pink clothes before consigning
most of them--but boys are the ones whose dressing options are really
limited by expectations.  My son figured it out at about age three and came
to me in tears because "girls get to wear all the fancy clothes."  (we let
him wear whatever he wanted, which for years meant dresses a lot of the time.)

Margaret

"There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." - Alexander Woollcott, American Author

Yahoo! Groups Links