[Emeriti-faculty] department meeting

I have scheduled a department meeting for Tuesday (a Tufts Monday) Oct 9
in Robinson 250.
The meeting will begin at noon, and end no later than 1 pm.  The purpose
of the meeting is to
discuss our graduate program as mandated by the New England Association of
Small Colleges.
We began the evaluation last year and submitted a report (see the
attachments) on our progress
to Tufts in June.

The evaluation process consists of a perpetual cycle: (1) set goals for
desired student achievement,
(2) establish assessment rubrics to gauge the relevant achievements, (3)
collect
the data on student performance, (4) analyze the data to see how well the
goals have been
met, (5) devise new strategies to improve student performance in reaching
the goals (and
possibly change the rubrics and/or the goals),  (6) repeat all steps on an
annual basis.

The meeting on Oct 9 is the execution of steps (4) and (5) for this year.
The data in the
attachments may provide some guide to your thoughts;  independent thinking
is welcomed
and encouraged.

Best regards,

Bill