[Emeriti-faculty] No Dept. meeting on Monday Feb. 13 + announcements/reminders

Friends,

I don’t think we need to have a meeting on Monday, so the originally scheduled department meeting on Feb. 13 is cancelled. Our next scheduled meeting is on Monday March 5.

Some announcements/reminders:

·        Tony Monaco will be coming to our department meeting on April 2. I’m not sure yet exactly what he’s going to want, but we will definitely need to do some planning and preparation. When we had a similar meeting with Larry Bacow, it did not go very well.

·        Faculty are encouraged to apply to be Scholar in Residence at Talloires. Apparently last year there was only one application. It’s a pretty sweet deal, so consider getting your application in. http://provost.tufts.edu/1172048132183/Provost-Page-prov2w_1276266059527.html

·        The Tufts Public Relations folks would like a heads-up if something exciting happens – a big grant, or a new result that would be of broad interest. If you’re anticipating something like that, please let me or them know in advance if possible.

·        If you are interested in the Sandler Awards for international research with students, please get your information in to me by  Monday Feb. 13.  http://uss.tufts.edu/undergradEducation/research/Sandler.htm

Enjoy your liberated lunch hour.

Roger

Roger Tobin

Professor and Chair