[Emeriti-faculty] FW: announcing the Sandler International Research Program

Please see the announcement below of a funding opportunity for student-faculty international research in summer 2012.  If you are interested, please send me a brief summary of your plan by Monday Feb. 13.

The budget can include all legitimate travel and housing expenses, including per diem, for the research team.

Roger

From: Lowe, Carmen
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 4:20 PM
To: Tobin, Roger; Landis, Shannon R.
Cc: Doane, Laura E.
Subject: announcing the Sandler International Research Program

Dear Roger,

Please announce the Sandler International Research Program to faculty in the Physics and Astronomy Department. Here is a link to the web site and the application form: http://uss.tufts.edu/undergradEducation/research/Sandler.htm

This new pilot program for faculty and students in Arts & Sciences will fund student-faculty teams to conduct scientific research projects internationally over the summer in 2012 (or, in some cases, over Winter Break in January 2013). Each team should include one or more undergraduates and one or more graduate students. The P.I. must be a faculty member affiliated with one of the following departments in Arts & Sciences:  biology, chemistry, computer science, geology, math, or physics/astronomy. Interdisciplinary approaches among these fields are also welcome. Each of these departments may submit up to two applications, and the department chair must approve both. In the case in which one department generates numerous proposals, the chair must decide which two have the most merit and best coincide with the department’s goals and needs before submitting them to the selection committee.

Please submit no more than two completed applications representing faculty in your department to me by 12:00 noon on Monday, March 5, 2012. (You may institute an internal deadline for your own department so you have the opportunity to review applications before forwarding them to me.)

Let me know if you have any questions: 627-3724.

Best,

Carmen

Carmen Lowe

Dean of Academic Advising