[Emeriti-faculty] Astronomy Faculty Position

Dear Faculty, Students, and Staff,

I am very happy to announce that Dr. Anna Sajina has agreed to join the department as Assistant Professor, starting Sept. 2010.  As you know, we had an extraordinarily accomplished group of candidates for this position, and we are extremely fortunate to be welcoming such an outstanding scientist to our department.

Dr. Sajina will be in the Boston area during the months of April and May, so you may see her in the department, starting with tomorrow's colloquium. Please introduce yourself (especially if you didn't meet with her on her visit, but even if you did!) and make her welcome.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this successful search, especially Jean Intoppa and the members of the Search Committee (Lang, Marchesini, Napier, Vilenkin), and Emily Dare for coordinating graduate student reactions, but also everyone who met with candidates, attended the talks, or read the files.

Yours,
Roger Tobin

begin:vcard
fn:Roger G. Tobin
n:Tobin;Roger G.
org:Tufts University;Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
adr;dom:;;4 Colby St.;Medford;MA;02155
email;internet:roger tobin tufts edu
title:Professor and Department Chair
tel;work:617-627-5461