[Emeriti-faculty] DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY EVENTS FOR WEEK OF MARCH 30, 2010 THROUGH APRIL 2, 2010

Good morning:

Events for this week, 3/29/10 - 4/2/10, are as follows:

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2:30 pm
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Tufts University
Joint Tufts/CFA/MIT Cosmology Seminar
Robinson 250
"Stretched or Sealed, the fate of extra dimensions"
I-Sheng Yang
Columbia University
Refreshments served at 2:00pm in Knipp Library, Room 251

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

5:00 pm
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Physics Graduate Students' JOURNAL CLUB
Robinson Hall 250
Rebecca Batorsky
“The Rate of Adaptation in Finite Asexual Populations”
(undergraduate students, faculty and anyone interested are also invited: food served at 4:30 pm in Knipp Library)

Friday, April 2, 2010

3:00 pm
Friday, April 2, 2010
Tufts University
Physics and Astronomy Colloquium
Nelson Auditorium, Anderson Hall
“Neutrino Mass, Oscillations and the Race to Measure θ13
Hugh Gallagher
Tufts University
In this talk I will review the ongoing, near-future, and far-future experiments aimed at continuing the exploration of the properties of neutrinos. We will focus on several key measurements which may be just over the horizon - how neutrinos and their antiparticles are related, and the value of the mixing parameter θ13.
Refreshments in Knipp Library, Robinson 251 at 2:30 p.m.