(ET) Puck Style Brake Pads

I posted the following, with photos, up on Facebook and thought some of you here might be interested as well. Not sure if I'm only person that is still interested in these older brake pads.

= = = = =

My E12 has the older "puck" style of brake pads and I was not liking what I found when I removed them, they are cracked and broken. I thought, no problem, just order another set and we'll be fine. Yeah, I learned that the puck brake pads are not available and it sounds like they haven't been for a while. I am not in the position to buy the $200 upgrade kit, which I understand is better, it just isn't feasible right now.

One evening a few weeks back I set out to find a suitable replacement, and it turns out I believe I have found the impossible. The package finally arrived today, and in the pictures you will see two pucks, with the one sporting a black metal backing plate is the new one. Same size if you remove that thin metal plate from the old puck, and it fits into the caliper great. They are not cheap but dang it, they look like the same material with that gold flake in it even.

Anybody interested in the details?

Hint:  late 60s, European, Go-Carting