Re: (ET) 1973 E15 needs a new home

On 3 Jul 2024 at 7:27, Jim Donovan wrote:

> Looking for serious inquires and open to your best offer.  I now you
> all will ask "How much??  If you are serious I am sure we can come to
> an agreement

Good luck, Jim.  I hope you have a better response than I had when I was in
a smilar position.

It seems that rare accessories such as the snow cab and front loader raise
eyebrows.  You might also get a good response to a super-clean restored ET.
However, in autumn 2022, nobody asked "how much" for my more run-of-the-
mill workhorse ET accumulation.

Eventually I sold the whole lot to a regional collector through Ebay.  I
got about $700 for a solid-but-not-pretty E15 with an Alltrax controller,
deck, blade, tiller, rear lift, lawn sweeper, weight box, chains, and
various spare parts including mower motors.

My treasured ER8-36 (actually New Idea R36) rider with rebuilt motors went
separately for $150.

But I really can't complain. I got well over 2 decades of outstanding
service out of my ETs.  And at least they went to someone who's using and
enjoying them. For a while I was worried that I might have to scrap them.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA