(ET) Trying 29 cells for BB600

So I've been using a 30 cell pack for about 15 years and one of the biggest problems is that the stock charger's profile slightly undercharges it. As in it gets the pack about 15ah of capacity per string and although it doesn't need much watering it does take forever to get to say 20ah of charge.

One solution I tried was modifying the ballast capacitor in the charger, but when my timer failed on my E15 I nuked a complete string of 30 cells into a solid block of plastic and nickel. On the positive side, it did have a lot more capacity. Well until it melted.

Airplanes use a 19 cell string for 24 volts, so rather than screw with the charger I'm going to try a 29 cell charge profile. This will give me slightly less voltage, but I think the cells will accept more of a charge at the E20's charger sweet spot.

We shall see.