(ET) Well Gosh Darn! Another motor down.

So I replaced the previous mower motor that dropped a magnet with my spare short deck motor (same make, one of the last of the "New" Bill Gunn motors) and have been running it for a month. No strikes, no excess vibration, no big deal.

This afternoon was vacuuming leaves on the driveway and noted they were bunching up on the left side of the deck. Shut down, checked the blade, CRUNCH sound and locked up. Pulled the motor, sure enough:

1) One magnet was destroyed.
2) It fell off the wall
3) I could see the stupid sticker that "held" it on.

So, same failure, two motors, both shells were the brand new type. I think they're garbage, and will be tossing the shells.

In the meantime I put Howard's motor in. I like the tall thin ones, but man getting those screws in the top is a pain in the rear...

Yours for motor data. Maybe I'll have my two bad armatures taken down and rewound. Does one need specific info for the rebuilder?