Re: (ET) dimensions for a loader

Thanks, Stewart. I'd really appreciate that. Eyeballing photographs, I think 22" is probably wide enough for the front battery compartment (I almost said engine!), but too narrow to extend past the foot rests. But maybe the arms could be mounted on the inside of the uprights. It looks like mounting in front of the footrests would put it too far forward.

I'm also open to buying a loader, if using this one is impractical, and I can find one for sale. I was thinking it would be fun to use this one and make the design all electric, though.

On 10/3/22 11:11 PM, Stewart Wells wrote:
Hi Tom, I have one of the original Elec-Trak loaders.  I haven't used it in
40 years, but I could get some pictures and dimensions if it would be of
any
help.  Stewart Wells, Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada.  306-773-6852.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Owad [mailto:mail schnitz com]
Sent: October 3, 2022 7:47 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) dimensions for a loader

Hello, this is my first post to the list. I have a small loader, and am
wondering if it would fit on an Elec-Trak. I'm having difficulty finding
dimensions and have never seen one in person (although if anybody's near
Carlisle PA, I'd love to!). Distance between the loader arms is 22" and
distance from the mounting brackets to the first bend is 48". Does that
sound like it might be a reasonable size for an Elec-Trak? Are the
dimensions for GE's loader available anywhere?

I appreciate any advice.

Tom