Re: (ET) Sickle mower motor constantly kicks out

10 amps is 360 watts being pulled or 1/2 hp just to spin the motor at idle?

That seems excessive. Another possibility is there is a short in the armature wiring (I assume the motor is a PM type on the sickle bar attachment or is it field)? If it's a shunt wound motor then maybe the field is open.