Re: (ET) Sickle mower motor constantly kicks out

Is it a PM motor? If so I'd say pull it and check the magnets, one of them may be unglued.

It is quite possible to re-glue the magnets to the housing, the key is to make some nice wood spacers that hold it in place tightly, then put JB Weld in there and make sure the wood is tight.

I did this with 3 of the 4 magnets on my leaf vacuum and on two fat deck motors, no problems since. But when a magnet came loose on a mower motor it drew a lot of current and kept popping the breaker.