(ET) 30 volts?

Many thanks to all who responded to my query about running and I-5 with just 5 batteries. The solution ended up being Plan C -- the local Advance Auto Parts had one (1) GC2 battery in stock for only $137. They puchased "Die Hard" from Sears. I hope they haven't just re-branded some less worthy products!

One highly experienced correspondent suggested that high-current operations are best done using the round automotive posts with clamps since the threaded posts have a small contact area.

Larry Chace, Ithaca, NY  E15 and I-5