(ET) Update - Re: Ideas please - E15 reverse only

First, I want to thank all for your responses. I definitely needed the kick-start for my ET brain and the moral support was uplifting at a time when not much is uplifting. We're back into COVID-19 mostly locked down here as of today.

A call I had scheduled for late this afternoon was cancelled, while there was still daylight, so I headed out to have another look.

Good news and bad news.

First, I opened up the panel that holds the relays - yep, still the open reed relays in this one. (I should mention that this is the most recent ET added to my collection, and it was basically operable when I got it, so I know it's innards much less intimately than my veteran E12.)

Everything looked right. Cobwebs. I fiddled with the two reed relays, and they moved OK, no signs of welding. Charge level was up, so I figured I would just give it a try. Powered the reverse relay, and it moved as expected. Tried reverse, worked fine (same as this morning). Moment of truth, tried forward, and THAT WORKED, too. Ran R and F 3 or 4 times to see if it is reliable. Seems to be. I do like equipment that seems to mend itself; I'm coming to accept the mysteries of the universe.

Bad news. Front tires appear to have a slow leak and not so slow leak. Slow leak was previously known - about 2 weeks between fills. Not so slow leak is new. Rubber is old, probably original, so tomorrow I'll see if I can find a tire shop open and has the tires. Good news, it's probably a problem that can be easily fixed by just giving somebody else some money, and good for another few decades. If not, I have used the green goop before with good results.

Anyway, this is about as good as news around here has been for a while, so again, thanks for the support and sharing in my story.

Snow is expected Friday/Saturday.

Darryl McMahon