Re: (ET) Elec-trak Digest, Vol 19, Issue 88

OK. Let's say you are blowing snow. You have to have a certain amount of speed to do so properly without the chute clogging. When you start with a happy full battery the current is lower than when you're coming towards the end with an empty battery. Power is what moves the snow.

Yes, if you mow in say L with speed 4 locked in on a level ground the mower and the tractor will slow down together so amps will probably remain constant as power is reduced overall. But if you start flooring it to speed 5 you'll pull more amps.

I can hook up the E-meter and demonstrate this if anyone's bored. But this is one reason I run the NiCDs: They have a very flat voltage discharge curve right till they are empty then they fall like rocks. Until then I can blow snow at max power with minimal amps.