Re: (ET) Battery charger and more (PH)

I have been using the Landis controller for years. I leave it plugged in
all winter to maintain the charge.  At first I had some problems and
returned it to Harry, and he repaired it under warranty. Later, Harry also
sent me a new solid state relay when it failed, and I replaced that
myself. However, for the last few years I have had a problem if I let the
batteries get around 36 volts or a bit under that. It turns on for 5
minutes then shuts off like it is designed, but the voltage is still lower
than the pickup voltage so it kicks back in immediately, then the relay
starts short cycling VERY rapidly, which raises the amp draw until it
trips the 30 amp breaker in my entrance panel. To get around this I
installed a switch to bypass the controller, and I let it charge for a few
hours, then the controller has some time between cycles, and works OK.
Harry, if you are on this list - is this repairable by replacing the SS
relay? Any ideas? Erv Troyer   Lagrange, INreo43 aol
com==================================In a message dated 10/12/2021 4:14:13