Re: (ET) Which way do the blades go?

Ok, quick look on the interwebs says that for mower blades the "sail" (the part on the back of the blade that curves up) should point up towards the deck. With that, the rest fell into place.

New blades are nice. The old ones were pitted and one was bent a bit like a banana. I think I'll order another set, the only issue was that the center hole needed to be widened a bit to fit the Elec-trak bolts. Not a big deal with a drill press.

The motor that I pulled had a totally blown magnet, one of them is broken in 3 places. Fortunately it's a fat motor and I have a set of wooden jigs I used to glue in the magnets on the blower so they will work on the fat motors as well. Just need to clean it up and dip the whole thing in JB Weld...