(ET) Snow Thrower Question - EGT150

Howdy Folks -

Silly question. I have a fairly rusty - but operational - snow thrower for my EGT150, which I am working on getting ready to run through this coming winter.

The lift strap runs around a Lift Pipe, which seems like it might have spun at one point, to allow the strap to operate with less tension. Am I right that it should spin, or is that lift pipe welded?

Thanks in advance,

--
Any reviewer who expresses rage and loathing for a novel is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007)