Re: (ET) Will this tractor never cease to amaze?

It's the official Elec-trak welder, in New Idea paint job. Actually really simple, nothing more than a really nice clamp, a stick handle and wire, and what appears to be an E20 resistor element with three taps for "low", "Medium", and "High" welding.

The resistors provide good arc stability and limit the current. The handle is nice, and the clamp provides an excellent ground for whatever it is you're welding. You could probably build on off the E20 resistors in a few hours.

It's not MIG welding but for most rough jobs it works fine. I used it a few years ago to weld angle irons onto my rotted out E15 frame (including the rear wheel tie-in) and it's been holding up fine.