(ET) The Noggler rides again!

(I have an electric leaf sucker that was cyborged together out of an Elec-trak leaf vacuum, a trac-vac collection cart, a yard-vac deck adapter, and a bunch of random other bits and bobs by Steve Naugler.  We call it the Noggler in his honor.)

I filled my new cart a couple times yesterday.  Works good.

The new cart is modelled after the trac-vac cart Steve Naugler used, with the same style front shroud and extremely high output airflow.  The undercarriage is a Craftsman branded utility cart which is identical to the Elec-trak branded dump carts.

 The major differences are that it's slightly smaller so it fits better in my stable, and it has transparent sides made from polycarbonate roofing.  It's also got a legit frame made of welded steel tube & angle, and uses rare earth magnets to retain the rear dump gate instead of mechanical latches.

The only additional improvement I plan to make is a piece of angled plasticore in front of the deck to prevent the deeper leaf piles from just riding up over the deck (and into the toaster, grumble grumble).  I live in the bottom of a wooded creek valley and all my neighbors' leaves end up down here...

The Noggler does in one day work that took a weekend with my old Craftsman gasser, and two weeks with a rake.  It's not suitable for small properties, but it's an amazing machine if you need to gather and shred an acre of fallen leaves every year.

--Charlie