Re: (ET) Bagger status, take 1

Most air blowers, if the flow is blocked, go into a kind of stall, and draw low power.  Full open unrestricted airflow will draw the highest power.

On 10/3/2019 7:23 PM, Chris Zach wrote:
Took the leaf vacuum out for a quick try today: With the big bag on the back I could hear the vacuum motor speed up a good bit, meaning it was stalling. Tried it, picked up some wet leaves, mediocre. Took the bag off and found it would pick up leaves when not obstructed.

Put the bag back on but with a lot of slack so it wasn't tight on the blower exhaust. Blower going at normal speed, the strings on the bag I tied off to the housing to hold it on. NOW it picks up a lot of leaves but draws a LOT of current.

Will try this weekend and see what happens.