Re: (ET) C-185 Speed Issue

Could be a diode issue. Put the tractor in neutral and check the speeds from 1 to 8. You should hear the motor speed up a bit each time you change speeds, with the CC light coming on for speed 4 (and maybe 5).

These things do last forever, just need some care and support from time to time...

On 9/7/2019 5:20 PM, jlantonucci comcast net wrote:
I don't have any advice for your issue but have you really been using your tractor regularly since 1985?  That would be amazing!  I know the late model tractors are reliable but holy cow!

/Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device/

------ Original message------
*From: *PH via Elec-trak
*Date: *Sat, Sep 7, 2019 4:43 PM
*To: *elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu <mailto:elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>;
*Cc: *
*Subject:*(ET) C-185 Speed Issue

HI All ET EXPERTS,

My C-185 has performed almost flawlessly since 1985.
But today when mowing, the top speed [pedal to the metal] seemed slightly slow.
I pressed Cruse button and speed increased?

Could the high speed pedal switch be bad or is this a diode issue or other issue?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Paul Holzschuher
Cincinnati