(ET) Reversing snowthrower motor

I have been using a spare ET snowthrower motor over the summer to power some test rig contraptions over the summer, and it's worked like a charm.

Last week, I was asked to try powering something new (possible amphibious drive 'tire'), but the new wrinkle is they want to be able to move forward and reverse.

As I understand it, the snowthrower motors are compound wound - strongly series but with a weak shunt field to prevent motor speed runaway. On the blowers and tillers, there are jumpers between what I expect are the 2 sets of field windings. (I don't have a schematic for these motors.) Which posts do what on these motors (there are six external connection posts). For ET use, only two connections are used (pack positive and pack negative).

On a series motor, this can be done by reversing the field or armature connections (but not both).

I'm looking for guidance on the possibility of reversing one of these motors. If that's doable and not going to damage the motor, I expect I would be putting a set of contactors in place to be able to do this conveniently and repeatedly. I need the motor to survive so it can go back on a snowthrower in a couple of months.

Thanks in advance for any documentation or guidance,

Darryl

--
Darryl McMahon
Freelance Project Manager (sustainable systems)